WHAT IS THE BEST FITNESS TRACKERS FOR 2021?
Finding The Best Fitness Trackers for 2021 for you with our buyer’s guide and run-down of Fitbit, Garmin, Apple, Huawei and Samsung models
Fitness Tracker Features Explained
Heart rate monitoring
NFC payments (contactless)
Entry-Level Fitness Trackers (Less Than £100)
Best Apple Running Watch
Fitbit Inspire Health & Fitness Tracker
- All-Day Activity Tracking
- Sleep Tracking
- Automatic Exercise Recognition
- Reminders to Move, Calorie Burn Tracking
- Syncing requires Bluetooth LE and Internet connection. Windows 10 computers that do not have Bluetooth LE will need a wireless sync dongle in order to sync
Amazfit Bip Lite - Smartwatch Black
- Fit anywhere. Made to withstand all your daily activities and extreme adventures.
- Ultra light and comfortable. Only 32g, including a very elastic and lightweight strap, make the watch comfortable to wear day and night and during sports.
- Try swimming. With 3 ATM, the watch can withstand any of your daily activities and can even be worn while swimming (water pressure up to 30 meters).
- Reflective screen, readable under strong sunlight. With the 1.28 "always-on reflective display, your health and sports data can be seen clearly even in bright sunlight by simply raising your hand. Corning Gorilla glass and anti-fingerprint coating make it scratch resistant and easy to keep clean In a healthier way
- Heart rate monitoring. Amazfit Bip Lite provides 24-hour continuous heart rate measurement to get a complete view of your heart behavior day and night. During exercise, the watch keeps you informed of your heart rate zones to optimize your workouts. You will also receive a notification when your heart rate exceeds the warning value.
Garmin Large vivosmart 4 Smart Activity Tracker
- Slim, smart activity tracker blends fashionable design with stylish metal accents and a bright, easy-to-read display
- Fitness and health monitoring tools include wrist-based heart rate, all-day stress tracking, relaxation breathing timer, VO2 max, Body Battery energy monitor and more
- Includes advanced sleep monitoring with REM sleep stages and a Pulse Ox sensor at the wrist to gauge blood oxygen saturation levels
- Get vibration alerts for all notifications including calls, text messages and more (text replies
- Battery life keeps up with you; lasts up to 7 days. Safe for swimming and showering, too
Mid-Range To High-End Fitness Trackers
Best Polar Running Watch
Fitbit Charge 4 Advanced
- Battery Life: Up to 7 days
- Compatibility: Compatible with iOS 12.2 or higher & Android OS 7.0 or higher
- Built-in-GPS: With built-in GPS, leave r phone behind and explore the outdoors with pace and distance on r tracker and see a workout intensity map showing r route and effort in the app when ’re done.
- Active Zone Minutes: This feature alerts to which heart rate zone ’re in so can see if ’re working hard enough to reach r goals.
- Sleep Stages & Score: Charge 4 tracks r time in light, deep and REM sleep stages and gives a nightly Sleep Score in the Fitbit app, so can better understand r sleep quality and work toward better rest.
POLAR Ignite Fitness Watch
- BECOME YOUR TRUE POTENTIAL: Polar Ignite, a sports smartwatch for women and men who want to push their limits the right way. Perfect for gym, group and team exercise, swimming, running, cycling, walking.
- SLIM DESIGN OPTIMIZED FOR 24/7 WEAR: Your new-generation smart workout partner with a 1-button interface includes such essentials as a wrist-based OHR monitor, speed, distance and route tracking with integrated GPS, calorie counter, color touch display.
- NIGHTLY RECHARGE: Nightly Recharge measures how well your body recovers from the day stress during the night.
- FitSpark DAILY TRAINING GUIDE: Get your personalised and ready-made daily workout guidance based on your recovery and overall readiness.
- SLEEP PLUS STAGES: Learn about your sleep quality, follow your sleep stages and get detailed sleep insights with the new Sleep Plus Stages feature.
HUAWEI WATCH GT 2e Smartwatch,
- 1.39" AMOLED touchscreen and ultra slim smartwatch at 10.6mm thickness and durable for its ceramic bezel design, stainless steel shell and DLC coating. Connectivity: Wi-Fi: Not supported, Bluetooth: BT4.2, BLE
- Brings you around 2-week battery life with heart rate monitoring and GPS on thanks to the double chipset architecture and low energy consumption algorithm.
- HUAWEI Watch GT smart watch comes with 24/7 continuous heart rate tracking providing you a realtime heartrate measurement and monitoring your health all the day (pressure monitoring). Wrist coverage range 14 ~ 21 cm
- This HUAWEI smart watch is equipped with 3-satellite (GPS+GLONASS+GALILEO) positioning system worldwide to offer you a more accurate locating and tracking for all places.
The GT 2e looks like a smartwatch with its large colour touchscreen, but since it isn’t compatible with the Google Play store and so can’t get apps a more apt description would be fitness watch, especially since it has built-in GPS and 100 workout modes to pick from. The watch’s battery life is also impressive thanks to the divorce from Google, with Huawei’s own software allowing the GT 2e to run for over a week between charges even when using it frequently to track exercise, and having the screen and heart rate monitoring on all the time.
There is also music on the watch, but only for Android users – the iOS app doesn’t allow you to sync songs to the GT 2e. Everyone gets access to Huawei’s excellent sleep tracking, however, and runners in particular are well served by the sports tracking: there are 13 preset workouts to use plus in-depth training and fitness analysis through a partnership with Firstbeat, which provides the same data analysis on Garmin’s sports watches.
The result is a pretty impressive all-round watch, especially given that it costs £160 and is often reduced on Amazon. For that you get solid sports tracking, great battery life and sleep tracking, and a smartwatch-level screen. Not bad at all.
Fitbit Versa 2 Health & Fitness Smartwatch
- Use built-in Amazon Alexa to get quick news, info and weather, set bedtime reminders and alarms, control r smart home devices and more—just by speaking to your smartwatch
- See the quality of each night’s sleep by measuring heart rate, time asleep, time awake, time in deep and REM sleep and restlessness
- Use 24/7 heart rate tracking to better track calorie burn, optimise effort during workouts, see your resting heart rate trends and cardio fitness level in the Fitbit app
- Get notifications for calls, texts, calendar events and apps like Gmail and Facebook—plus send quick replies right from your wrist and works when your phone is nearby; quick replies on Android only
- See real-time exercise stats and check the time with just a glance—even when your hands are full; turn the mode off to be more discreet; always-on display requires more frequent charging
Apple Watch Series 3 (GPS, 38mm) - Space Grey Aluminum Case with Black Sport Band
Top of the Range Fitness Tracking Watches
Top of the Range Fitness Tracking Watches
Best Garmin Running Watch
The Apex looks like a £500 multisport watch and has most of the key features of one too, yet it only costs £269.99 for the 42mm version and £299.99 for the 46mm. The battery life clocks in at a massive 35 hours of GPS on the larger version (25 hours on the 42mm) and the Apex offers detailed tracking of running, cycling and swimming, including a nifty Stamina stat for running that estimates how much energy your body has left. However, it does lack other sports modes, customised workouts are restricted to a simple intervals mode, and we have found the heart rate monitoring to be a little spotty while running. Still, given the price, this a stand-out option for triathletes and keen runners who don’t want to splash out big bucks on something like the Garmin Fenix 6 Pro.
Polar Unisex's Grit X - Rugged Outdoor Watch with GPS,
- MILITARY-LEVEL DURABILITY: U.S. Military standard 810G passed for extreme temperatures, drop, humidity and water resistance (up to 100 meters). Polar Grit X shows you current weather and a 2-day forecast
- LIGHTEST OUTDOOR WATCH WITH BUILT-IN GPS: This multi-sport watch comes with a compass and altimeter (in a training mode), ultra-long battery life and Polar’s unique training features
- LEARN TO REFUEL: Stay energized throughout your sessions with the new fuel wise fueling assistant
- ELEVATE YOUR GOALS: Automatically detected uphill and downhill stats from hill splitter tell you how you performed on the ascent and descent sections of your route by using your speed, distance and altitudedata
- STAY ON THE RIGHT PATH: The real-time turn-by-turn route guidance and route import from Komoot keep you on the right track and help you explore new areas safely. Plan multi-day routes, create personal collections, use worldwide offline maps and much more
Apple Watch Series 5 (GPS, 40mm) - Space Gray Aluminum Case with Black Sport Band
- GPS model lets you take calls and reply to texts from your wrist
- Measure your blood oxygen with an all-new sensor and app
- Check your heart rhythm with the ECG app
- The Always-On Retina display is 2.5x brighter outdoors when your wrist is down
- S6 SiP is up to 20% faster than Series 5
Garmin fēnix 6 Pro, Ultimate Multisport GPS Watch,
- Fit for performance with rugged sophisticated design that features an always-on 1 2-Inch sunlight-readable display with stainless steel bezel
- Features enhanced wrist heart rate (the data and information provided by these devices is intended to be a close estimation of your activity and metrics tracked but may not be precisely accurate) and pulse ox (this is not a medical device and is not intended for use in the diagnosis or monitoring of any medical condition)
- Advanced training features include pacepro for grade-adjusted pace guidance throughout your activity Plus environmentally adjusted VO2 max and training status estimates
- Navigate the outdoors With preloaded TOPO maps ski maps for over 2 000 Worldwide ski Resorts multiple global navigation satellite system (GPS GLONASS and Galileo) support and built-in sensors for 3-axis compass gyroscope and barometric altimeter
- Support for Garmin Pay Contactless payments (not all countries and payment networks are eligible) music storage with premium streaming service (may require a premium subscription with a third-party music provider) support smart notifications and more