Best home gym equipment
Finding the motivation to go the gym is not always easy – it’s very rarely easy, to be honest – but what if you didn’t have to go anywhere to get your workout done? What if everything you needed was right there in your garage or spare room?
Creating a home gym might seem like a huge expense and a fair bit of work – lugging home heavy weights from a shop or putting together a treadmill is no walk in the park – but it can be a worthwhile investment. Consider how much time you’ll save travelling to and from the gym, and how much cash you’ll save on membership fees in the long run.
Another advantage is that when assembling your own home workout area, you obviously only need to buy the equipment you’ll actually use. If you’re spending £100 a month on a gym membership and only using the exercise bike and a couple of dumbbells, getting those items for your house is going to save you money within months. Home gym equipment also doesn’t need as much room as you might think, with folding versions of cardio machines and weights systems available for those tight on space.
Below you’ll find our round-ups of equipment to consider for a home gym. Click through and you’ll find our top picks for the most common types of cardio machine and free weights.
What equiment do you need in a Home Gym?
The equipment you put in your home gym is really up to you, as everybody has different muscles groups they want to target. But before looking into How much does a home gym Cost? the answer to this is not a lot! Some gym goers have kitted out their home gym in their garage for as little as a few £100’s. Some have spent 1000’s
And the people who have built or currently building their home gyms, have done this on a budget, due to the covid restrictions where their local gym has closed while in lockdown, and the best place to find budget but great quality gym equipment is on Amazon!
We are going to look into what can go into a home gym, the reasons why and on each section the top 5 Best Selling items in that category.
Some people might scoff at the idea of buying a home treadmill (“Why not just go outside? It’s free!” they’ll smugly remark, before sitting back down on the sofa) but those people almost certainly haven’t tried to train through the bitter UK winter. Treadmills are expensive – expect to pay £500 to £1,500 for a machine capable of handling everything a regular runner would want, and £300 to £500 for a beginner machine – but if all you do is run, your own machine is a better investment than a gym membership in the medium term.
Its a minimalistic design , but full of lots of features?
Whether for beginners, advanced or the old-timers among our athletic runners. The F17 treadmill is designed and tested for all running levels. Safety before, during and after the training is of course ensured, thanks to the extra wide side platforms! As always and already known: the running training starts and ends on the side platforms, not on the treadmill itself. In addition, many great features such as the MP3 function, the tablet holder and the innovative lubrication system keep your workout going. Try yourself, use the tracking system and constanly set yourself new goals – the F17 for your healthy lifestyle.
- ✅𝗜𝗡𝗡𝗢𝗩𝗔𝗧𝗜𝗩𝗘 𝗟𝗨𝗕𝗥𝗜𝗖𝗔𝗧𝗜𝗢𝗡 𝗦𝗬𝗦𝗧𝗘𝗠: the lubrication system releases the silicone oil evenly over a longer period of time. Annoying, frequent and impractical reoiling is no longer necessary.
- ✅𝗡𝗔𝗧𝗨𝗥𝗔𝗟 𝗥𝗨𝗡𝗡𝗜𝗡𝗚 𝗘𝗫𝗣𝗘𝗥𝗜𝗘𝗡𝗖𝗘: the large 5-layer running surface (1100 x 400 mm) allows a training with the treadmill that is easy on the joints. The gentle damping ensures a natural running experience. Max. user weight is 120 kg.
- ✅𝗩𝗜𝗗𝗘𝗢 𝗘𝗩𝗘𝗡𝗧𝗦, 𝗖𝗢𝗔𝗖𝗛𝗜𝗡𝗚 & 𝗠𝗨𝗟𝗧𝗜- 𝗣𝗟𝗔𝗬𝗘𝗥 𝗠𝗢𝗗𝗘: With KINOMAP and Sportstech you start your Next Generation Training now. Experience Home Fitness 2.0 with the app-compatible multimedia console and the practical tablet holder!
- ✅𝗦𝗜𝗟𝗘𝗡𝗧 𝗠𝗢𝗧𝗢𝗥: powerful cardio equipment, low-maintenance and quiet, silent 2.5hp motor < 45db. Very quiet electric treadmill, even at a maximum speed of 12 km/h.e and quiet, silent 2.5hp motor <45db. Very quiet, even at a maximum speed of 12 km/h.
- ✅𝗘𝗔𝗦𝗬-𝗙𝗢𝗟𝗗𝗜𝗡𝗚 𝗦𝗬𝗦𝗧𝗘𝗠: with the practical, intelligent easy-folding system, the treadmill can be stored away quickly and space-saving anywhere at home. Note: delivery is only to the kerbside.
You can pick up an excellent exercise bike for under £150 or bag an elite-standard bike for around £2,000, so if you’re currently spinning away at the gym it can make a lot of sense to move your training home. Cycling apps like Zwift and The Sufferfest provide all the motivation you’ll need during your sessions – or you can just stick on the TV.
If your really thinking about buying a Exercise Bike, we would really recommend reading other other post on Exercise bikes, as there are many different functions which suit many riders.
When it come to Stand Up Exercise Bikes and what to buy, its clear from amazons reviews that “Bluefin Fitness” are a clear winner!
Not only are they built to last, but they are packed full of features to keep you going. Video Coaching & Trainers, Smartphone App not forgetting the LIVE Video streaming Classes and at to top it off the price is good too! at half the price of some of the higher end Exercize Bikes.
- INTEGRATED SMARTPHONE KINOMAP APP: The exercise bike is compatible with the Kinomap fitness app - featuring thousands of training videos from around the world, coaching & training classes & structured workouts. Join the Kinomap community today!
- WHISPER QUIET FLUID MOTION: The heavy duty 12kg flywheel & silent drive system benefits from a safe magnetic braking facility that allows you to come to a halt with total ease.
- IN-BUILT TRAINING PROGRAMS: The exercise bike computer is pre-loaded with 12 x automatic programs to choose from + 24 x manual levels of resistance. Cycle at pace, or step things up a notch & simulate cross-country journeys with variable incline & decline resistance.
- LOW IMPACT, HIGH-INTENSITY: The Tour 5.0 exercise bike offers a low impact cardio exercise that is kind on your joints & full of great health benefits.
- LCD DISPLAY: Measure time, distance, calories burned & pulse rate on the backlit multifunctional LCD display. Push yourself even more & work towards targets to achieve your fitness goals.
Another great option for a full-body cardio workout at home, rowers have the price edge on ellipticals. The very best machines – ones used by Olympians, no less – are around £1,000 and there are several options between £300 and £600 that will satisfy all non-Olympians. Most rowing machines also fold up so they can be tucked away in a cupboard.
Sportstech RSX400 Rowing Machine is a must for level, should that be entry to advance. Not only is it idea for home gyms with its foldable base and sturdy design and Eight Levels of Resistance and a FREE Home trainer app for your mobile / Tablet.
- ✅𝗩𝗜𝗗𝗘𝗢 𝗘𝗩𝗘𝗡𝗧𝗦, 𝗖𝗢𝗔𝗖𝗛𝗜𝗡𝗚 & 𝗠𝗨𝗟𝗧𝗜𝗣𝗟𝗔𝗬𝗘𝗥 𝗠𝗢𝗗𝗘 - with KINOMAP and Sportstech you start your Next Generation Training now. Experience Home Fitness 2.0 with the app compatible console + tablet holder!
- ✅𝗠𝗨𝗟𝗧𝗜𝗙𝗨𝗡𝗖𝗧𝗜𝗢𝗡 𝗗𝗜𝗦𝗣𝗟𝗔𝗬 - The RSX400 home rowing is pulse belt compatible (5.3 kHz). The multifunction display is intuitive to use and displays essential training information of the rowing trainer at a glance
- ✅𝗖𝗢𝗠𝗣𝗔𝗖𝗧 𝗔𝗡𝗗 𝗠𝗢𝗕𝗜𝗟𝗘 - The rowing machine can be moved quickly and handily on the integrated transport wheels. It is space-saving to set up and foldable in a few simple steps
- ✅𝗜𝗡𝗗𝗜𝗩𝗜𝗗𝗨𝗔𝗟 𝗥𝗘𝗦𝗜𝗦𝗧𝗔𝗡𝗖𝗘 - Depending on your personal fitness, the magnetoresistance can be adjusted 8-fold manually. A 15 degree incline ensures a natural rowing motion, endurance training, cardio and is also joint gentle
- ✅𝗦𝗧𝗔𝗕𝗟𝗘 𝗔𝗡𝗗 𝗦𝗔𝗙𝗘 𝗗𝗘𝗦𝗜𝗚𝗡 - The high-quality track and the ball-bearing seat ensure a stable, safe home training. The professional rowing machine is ready to use in a few simple steps, without annoying noises. Note: NO ISLAND DELIVERY!
If you’re a dedicated cyclist, then picking up a turbo for your winter training is a no-brainer. Most riders will find all they need in turbos that cost under £150 and the very best are still under £1,000. Besides, the kit takes up next to no space, and it allows you to ride your top-notch racing bike without exposing it or yourself to the elements.
When it come to Turbo trainers, you need something that is built to last and looks the part, yet offers all the features you would expect to need when training.
Not forgetting the Compatible Misurob+ sensor.
- High performance, classic home trainer
- The red roller where the wheel leans is made in Elastogel material, exclusive to Elite
- Easy home trainer with magnetic resistance
- Compatible with Misuro B+ sensor for connected training
- Can be used with all types of bikes with 24'' to 29'' wheels
Cross-trainers, or ellipticals, have two major advantages over other cardio machines. The first is that they provide a full-body workout because you push with your hands while cycling your legs. The second is that they put your body under far less stress than running because your feet don’t leave the platforms while you move, which removes the impact on your joints. Cross-trainers are pricy – budget machines are £150 to £300, a sturdy home unit comes in somewhere between £300 and £700, and it’s well over £1,000 for a gym-standard machine – but you’ll need nothing else to get a good workout at home.
It might be easy to understand why we recommend the below Cross trainers, not only does it look the part but it walks the walk!! This cross trainer is possible in more home gyms than amazon currently holds in stock. So grab it while you can!
It has all the features you would expect to see on the cross trainers found in your local gym.
- XS Sports Pro Fitness Elliptical Cross Trainer with Pulse Sensors - 2 in 1 - Can Be Used As A Cross Trainer or Exercise Bike
- Front Mounted Flywheel for Added Stability - Adjustable Resistance for High & Low Intensity Workouts - Multi Function LCD Display: Pulse, Time, Speed, Distance, Calorie & Scan Mode
- Can Be Used to Workout Legs, Hips, Buttocks, Arms & Shoulders - Simulates Natural Walking Movements - Dual Direction Forward & Backward Elliptical Workout - Front Mounted Flywheel for Added Stability
- Steel Frame - Extra Wide Platform Pedals - Large Comfortable Seat - Front Wheels - Easy to Move Around the House - Max User Weight: 110kg - Max Foot Size: 12 (UK Size) - Size of Machine Foot Print Approx 91cm x 51cm - Some Assembly Required - Includes Full English Instruction Manual
- Moving Stride Bars for Upper Body Workouts - Fixed Bars with Pulse Sensors to Monitor Heart Rate During Workout - Total Body Low-Impact Cardiovascular Workout in the Comfort of Your Own Home
Dumbbells are the obvious pick for your first free weight purchase. They’re cheap, they’re usually adjustable so you can change the weight, and they can be used for a huge variety of exercises. There are few key choices to make with your dumbbells, including what material, shape and weight range you want. You’ll find all the info you need to make those choices, plus our top picks, in our best dumbbells round-up.
When looking for the Best Dumbells for your home gym then look no further than Top Power 20kg Dumbbell Set. This Dumbbell Set offers two products in one allowing you to target more muscles without having to splash the cash.
Not only that Top Power are also offering FREE Resistance bands and Gloves for a limited time on amazon.!
- FREE Resistant Bands ( Set Of 5 Plus Bag ) + FREE Pair of Gloves + FREE pair of Wrist Band
- 2-in-1 Dumbbell & Barbell Set for a Complete Home Gym & Workout Solution
- Time-Saving Fitness and Exercise Set for Busy Lifestyles
- 40cm Barbell Link Allows for a Space Saving Solution for Barbell Workouts
- Adjustable Free Weights Help Promote Safe & Continuous Strength and Training Progression
Plan your workout carefully and one good kettlebell is all you’ll need to work muscles all over the body and improve your cardiovascular fitness. Our buyer’s guide features advice from former British Kettlebell Sport champion Jamie Lloyd to help you pick out the very best bells.
When it comes to KettleBells JLL has you covered with Weights from 2kg-16kg which are ideal for home gyms or boot camps across the UK.
Each Kettlebell is colour coded making it easier to select the correct weight on your next workout.
- Colour coded design with wipe clean vinyl outer and anti-slip base.
- Available in 2kg, 4kg, 6kg, 8kg, 10kg, 12kg, 14kg & 16kg weights and tailored mixed weight sets.
- Ergonomically designed kettlebell with comfort handle for better grip and handling.
- Designed for whole-body, functional training.
- Develop co-ordination flexibility and build solid core strength.
The pull-up is just about the toughest bodyweight exercise there is and if you want to improve your functional upper body strength, a pull-up bar should be the first bit of home gym kit you pick up. They’re cheap at around £20 for a basic bar they’re, plus they can be hooked over or fitted inside any doorway and then easily stored.
When it come to Pull Up Bars, we would always recommend spending the extra cash and buy one that fixes to the wall rather than handing from a door frame, not only is it peace of mind. But you know, your workout cant be interrupted by passing family members.
SportsTech we found being the best of the bunch on amazon.co.uk , offering a 2 in 1 pull-up / Dip bar, indoors and outdoors option and works great with other resistance bands.
- ✅ 𝗗𝗜𝗩𝗘𝗥𝗦𝗜𝗧𝗬: More than 40 exercises + climbing table: with the multifunctional pull-up bar with dip bars for pull-ups, dips, muscle ups, leg lifts, back, biceps, chest and shoulders training, you will make your training a crossfit and freeletics experience. An extensive full body training with pull-up eBook for you.
- ✅ 𝗜𝗡 𝗔𝗡𝗗 𝗢𝗨𝗧𝗗𝗢𝗢𝗥: The ideal and mobile pull-up bar KS700 is high-quality and ideal for all who like both: fitness at home or outdoor in the park. The set is easy to take with you, install and start training. Get the space and cost saving KS700 and make it your mobile gym.
- ✅ 𝟭𝟬𝟬% 𝗙𝗟𝗘𝗫𝗜𝗕𝗟𝗘: Assemble the parts together in just a few steps, apart or convert. 2 in 1 means for pull ups or dips: turn the pull-up bar and make dips. The compact design with plug-in poles can be used anywhere in the backpack easy to go. No risk of injury, no slipping. Secure mounting on the tree/post. Be ready for 180 ° rotation.
- ✅ 𝟭𝟬𝟬% 𝗙𝗥𝗘𝗘𝗟𝗬: Strengthening of the immune system: ensure a more effective training than in the gym or at home due to increased oxygen saturation. Train in the outdoors and feel your energy. The perfect opportunity for Calisthenics and Freeletics athletes who want to play freely and are independent.
- ✅ 𝗤𝗨𝗔𝗟𝗜𝗧𝗬: The KS700 made of extremely high quality, cold-rolled steel (2 mm wall thickness) is mega easy mounted, super suitable for your home gym. Ensure a lifelong training indoors or outdoors in any weather. Plus: 4 different Handle variants, secure grip, includes locking bolts for added stability. The space-saving all-rounder for the home.
These are large and expensive, and can be a bit of a nightmare to set up if you don’t pay for assembly, but a multi-gym will allow you to take your domestic workouts to the next level. They combine the functions of several resistance machines in one unit, so you can challenge all your muscle groups with significant weight without the need for a spotter. The cheapest multi-gyms sit in the £250-£500 bracket but the price can rise above £5,000 depending on how many bells and whistles you want.
Another Great product by Sportstech and there’s a trend forming when it comes to Home Gyms. Their Products are not only well Valued but they think about every part of the equipment to ensure the customer gets what they want.
As this Multi Gym is no different. Yes it might be the most expensive bit to a home gym. But it offers multiple workout and could pay off your gym membership in just a few months!!
- ✅ 𝗗𝗜𝗩𝗘𝗥𝗦𝗜𝗧𝗬: With this fitness tower your training can never be boring. Put together your muscle building training from over 45 exercise possibilities. Whether with latissimus pull tower, rope pull exercises, biceps curl bar, leg extension, bench press station, pull-up bar, butterfly arms, leg curler, stepper or dip station - there are no limits to your home fitness training.
- ✅ 𝗕𝗘𝗦𝗧 𝗙𝗢𝗥𝗠: Replace the gym and train your entire body at home with just one piece of exercise equipment. Define and strengthen your biceps, back, legs, abdomen, shoulder or bottom. And you can also train your endurance with a workout on the stepper, for example.
- ✅ 𝗦𝗨𝗣𝗘𝗥𝗜𝗢𝗥: High-quality materials, such as the water-repellent and durable EVA padding material make even long training sessions very comfortable. Furthermore, fold in the stepper and the dip station in order to have more room for your workout.
- ✅ 𝗗𝗘𝗦𝗜𝗚𝗡: The ingenious and innovative design promises high quality down to the smallest detail, such as the high-quality handles, the extremely robust steel cable or extra wide rope pulleys. All in all, our power tower is a real eye-catcher in every home.
- ✅ 𝗦𝗔𝗙𝗘𝗧𝗬: Nothing's shaking. Thanks to an intelligent construction and the extra wide and rubberized feet, the weight is optimally distributed and your floor is protected. This provides even more safety and stability during training. The extremely robust and massive steel construction makes every workout absolutely safe. The size is: 1842 x 1036 x 2023 mm - Note: Delivery is up to the curb - NO ISLAND DELIVERY!
The first purchase you should make when kitting out your home workout space, because resistance bands are both very cheap and very effective at building strength, rehabbing injuries and improving your mobility. Plus they bundle up into a tiny package you can shove out of sight when you’re not using them. Generally you’ll pay £3-£8 for a single resistance band, and less than £20 for a set with several different levels of resistance.
No Home Gym should be without resistance bands! Resistance bands are one of the most overlooked items, with many people feel like they offer not muscle growth, you cant be further away from the truth.
Not only can you build up resistance by using them on there own, but you can also apply them to Pullup Bars, dip bars when starting off, Floor Work like Core Strength Building and more.
And at the cost of a few cups of starbucks, you cant go wrong!
- 5 Different Resistance Levels: A set of resistance bands includes five colors representing different tensile force. Each provides a workout level, suitable for a variety of sports purposes for women and men, like gym, yoga, training.
- Safe and Durable: Made of premium quality natural latex material, the resistance bands offer a smooth and bright appearance and provide superior durability, not easy to crack. Non-toxic and skin-friendly to the human body.
- Perfect Portability: With a free carrying bag, it is very easy and convenient to take everywhere, perfectly ideal for indoors and outdoors use with the instruction.
- Extended Length: 600mm x 50mm, longer than normal one from other sellers, allows enough length for your total body extension to enhance exercise in legs, knees, hip and back.
- What You Get: 5X Gritin resistance bands with different level , 1X storage bag and 1x Manual.