Can Massage Guns be Harmful?
Massage guns, also referred to as theraguns, are known medically as percussive therapy. Just as with any other sort of massage tactic, these guns are helpful in some situations and not in others.
Massage Guns is a great way to prevent muscle soreness post-workout and alleviate muscle stiffness after it’s already set in. Much of the research on these guns is focused on muscular recovery. However, some have been given to treating patients with fibromyalgia. The theory behind this method is that the massage gun overrides natural pain signals of the body that go to the brain. This effectively helps to manage chronic pain for patients.
when percussion therapy is effective and when it should be avoided. While you may think that massage is good for you no matter what, that’s not always the case. Rather, there are some specific scenarios where massage guns should not be utilized on the body.
And below we have answered some of the most commonly asked questions:
Should i use a Massage gun on a Strain?
Percussion massage Guns should be avoided when a patient is dealing with a muscle strain, also called a pulled muscle. This type of injury occurs when a muscle is stretched past its normal range of motion. This is mainly a result of improper form, sudden motions, and muscular overuse. The powerful hammering motion of therapeutic massage Gun can actually further damage your muscles. Instead, opt for the RICE method when dealing with a muscular strain of the body.
Should i use a Massage gun on a Sprains?
Many chiropractors will avoid using percussion therapy on patients who have undergone a known sprain. A sprain occurs when the muscle or ligament is actually torn. This typically happens from sudden movement when the muscle is stretched past its normal capacity. Patients who suffer sprains often hear a popping noise when their injury occurs. Just like with muscle strains, massage guns can cause further damage to sprains of muscle and ligaments.
Should i use a Massage gun on a Inflammation Injuries?
The body is known to become inflamed when it is injured. This is a natural response that helps to supply more blood to the region to get it to heal. Common inflammation conditions include tendinitis, fasciitis, bursitis, and periostitis. Patients who actively have inflammation should not be recommended to under go percussion massage therapy.
Should i use a Massage gun on broken bones?
While this one may seem like a no-brainer, people have tried it before. Broken bones shouldn’t undergo any hammering motion from percussion therapy. This goes for patients who have been cleared for exercise as well. Any bit of hammering can cause the newly mended bone to fracture or break.
As you’ve hopefully learned from this short article, percussion therapy has a time and place to be used. The above conditions should put up a red flag and you should deny any sort of percussion massage in El Segundo treatment at the time. While massage guns can be extremely helpful for muscular recovery, they can also be harmful in some scenarios.
No we can understand where and when we can use Massage Guns, we also need to know which gun offers the best performance and why? and for us its a bit of a no brainer and that’s the Opove M3 Pro on amazon.
Benefits of the opove M3 Pro?
Does It Really Work?
The truth is, the jury is still out. There’s simply not enough research to substantiate these claims. Proof be damned, people in the meantime can’t stop raving about it.
Using the opove M3 Pro?
As we mentioned, using the M3 Pro is very convenient. Because of its small size and weight (just 2.2lbs!), it is very comfortable to use on your own without assistance.
The M3 Pro also has a brushless motor inside, therefore it will quietly hum along while sparing your sensitive eardrums. Unlike the jigsaw-like massage guns of yore, there’s no need to turn the TV volume up when using. It’s not whisper quiet per say, but pretty close.
Whether you prefer a gentle massage or to really “dig in”, this massage gun delivers. The variable 3 speed motor oscillates at 1800 percussions per minute on low all the way up to 3200PPM on high. That sort of flexibility allows you to target even the most sensitive areas without breaking your pain threshold.
What’s In The Box:
It doesn’t seem like much to ask for, but the M3 Pro comes in a faux carbon fiber case.
Inside you’ll find 4 different attachments. Each allows you to target specific areas of the body more effectively.
One detachable lithium ion battery is also included. On the lowest setting, opove promises about 3 hours of battery life. In our testing, we’ve found that to be pretty accurate. Unlike many other massage guns available, the ability to swap out the dead battery for a spare is a nice perk.
There’s no question, the M3 Pro is pretty solid. According to the company, the shell is made of “Breakthrough Technology” that keeps well with a 6.6ft drop. We can’t confirm or deny that claim, but in our extensive tests, it has held together just fine.
If you like variety, then you’ll be pleased to know that the M3 Pro comes in 3 different finishes: Silver, Black, and Camouflage Red.
While not a huge fan of the latter, plenty of people are. It sure breaks from the monotony of the other black and silver massage guns out there.
Whilst the price can be off putting, its definitely worth every penny and the statement you pay for what you get is so true. Compared to other branded we have tested you can tell they are lacking power, build quality or nozzles. which is why we give it a full 5/5!!
- 【PROFESSIONAL DEEP MUSCLE TREATMENT AND RELAXATION】: The OPOVE M3 Pro massage gun is ergonomically designed. Through 3 speed levels, apply the right amount of pressure to specific muscle groups to reduce your joint soreness and muscle pain, promote blood circulation and relieve lactic acid. The massage gun can awaken your mind, make your soul more active, and make your body healthier than ever. The massager is very helpful for your daily muscle relaxation at home or in the gym.
- 【ULTRA-SILENT & ANTI-DROP SHELL】: The shell of M3 Pro massage gun was made of Nylon 66 and glass fiber, it keeps well when dropping from 6.6ft (2m) high. At the same time, with Unique Quiet Glide technology and 24V Brushless high-torque motor, the OPOVE massage gun working dB is only 35dB - 55dB through 3 speeds, provides you a comfortable sense of use, is very quiet.
- 【2600MAH LONG-LIFE BATTERY & ENERGY-SAVING】: The OPOVE M3 Pro massage gun built-in large capacity 24V/2500MA lithium battery, long battery life. The battery will be charged fully only in 2.5 to 3 hours. Deep Tissue Massager with a rechargeable battery, it works up to 3-5 hours of use per full charge, while 3 hrs in the highest setting. At the same time, in response to your energy saving and safety requirements, The massage gun will be automatically shut down after 15 minutes of use.
- 【6 REPLACEABLE MASSAGE HEADS & CARRYING CASE】: OPOVE R&D engineers designed six ergonomic silicone massage heads according to different parts of the human body. There are also provide professional massage graphic brochures. If there is a need, the buyer support team will provide professional massage videos for reference. Storing all things in one case that is convenient for you to take with wherever you want office, gym, or travel, all can fit in.
- 【WHAT YOU GET】: OPOVE M3 Pro massage gun, charger for M3 Pro, M3 Pro high-quality and portable outer box, four ergonomically designed silicone massage heads, including a brochure with muscle massage illustrations, our worry-free one-year warranty and friendly customer service. OPOVE M3 Pro massage gun is Easy and effective with two-handed operation. It is a perfect present for parents, family and friends.